Now available at REI — the exclusive U.S. retailer for this German engineered line of mountain bikes — Ghost has entered 2016 with a cadre of lighter, stiffer and cooler rides. Plus the 27.5″ wheels offer greater cornering control than the 29ers but still continue to eat up ground as you pedal your heart out.
Much like the Tacana X, it’s the frame that makes the difference. Shorter, more agile geometry, a high-end frame finish, and an optional dropper seat post will give you that extra confidence when the terrain becomes exciting. Factor in the light weight and you will find yourself taking time out of your training buddies which is precisely what you want in a mountain bike. A step up from the standard Kato hardtail line, it’s perfect if you’re looking to upgrade from your first bike. Starts at $1,699.00.
- Hydroformed aluminum frame is stiff and strong; slack head tube angle allows good control on descents; steep seat tube angle creates an efficient riding position for climbs
- 27.5″ wheels offer an optimal mix of control, speed and maneuverability
- Rock Shox Reba RL, Solo Air fork features 120mm of travel to smooth uneven terrain, remote lockout for climbing, and QR 15 axel for stiffness and guaranteed wheel alignment
- Shimano Deore double crankset is paired with a 10-speed, 11-36t cassette for a wide gear range capable of the steepest climbs and descents
- Shimano Deore SL shifters and Deore XT plus rear derailleur work together to transition quickly and smoothly through the gear range
- Shimano Deore XT Plus rear derailleur reduces chain slap and increases shifting accuracy over the roughest of terrain
- Shimano hydraulic disc brakes and 180mm rotors provide powerful one-finger braking and exceptional modulation
- Schwalbe Rocket Ron 27.5 x 2.25 tires excel in the toughest of trail conditions, including mud, hard-packed, rocky and loamy environments