Fit Fathers, it’s no secret that a family that exercises together stays together. However, sometimes we get so worked up and full of testosterone that we forget about the female counterparts in our lives. Some dads may even leave the kids with the sitter in favor of a 1 to 2-hour power session. Yet, why not include your wife, girlfriend or mother for that matter in some of your exercise routines. Lead by example and show them why fitness is so crucial to your healthy lifestyle. At the end of the day you want everyone in the household running around as energetic as yourself. Correct?
Cardio should always be affixed with a few days of core work and strength training, especially for women who tend to retain fat more so than men. If you exercise 6 days a week try to hit the weights at least twice. Jiggly triceps and shaky buttocks can easily be adjusted through an all-around workout plan. The requirements are simple:
- 30 to 60 minutes
- A few dumbbells ranging from 5 to 25 lbs. (heavier for stronger women)
- Yoga mat
- Medicine Ball
- The “will” to want it bad enough
Since most women are more focused on definition and toning opposed to strength, repetitions (reps) should be high and weights lighter. Sets should range from 3 to 5 with 10 to 15 reps per set. For example, 4 sets of 12 reps for curling to burn the fat out of your biceps is a great formula. Exercises may include – but are certainly not limited too – the following:
- Weighted step-ups to work the glutes
- Dumbbell bench press to work the chest and triceps
- Curls to focus on the biceps
- Shoulder press for the shoulders of course
- Squats to tone the glutes and quads
- Standing toe raises to work the calves
- Planks for the core
- Ball twists for the abs and obliques
- Various forms of sit-up exercises to work all levels of the abs
- And of course push-ups and burpees.
Always make sure to warm-up for 5 to 10 minutes and then stretch for another 5 to 10 minutes before the routine begins. This will help prevent any injury. Super setting will move you through the routine a bit quicker as well. Enjoy!
[g-gallery gid=”3915″ random=”0″ watermark=”0″]