- 1 package taco shells
Cashew Sour Cream:
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Splash of apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
Spicy Bean Chili:
- 2 cans Mexi Beans
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 red chillis, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 8 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 corn cob
- 1 handful fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 2 cups brown rice
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 tsp turmeric
- 2 avocados, peeled and chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 handful fresh coriander leaves, chopped (or continental parsley if you can’t find coriander)
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- Corn from 1 cob
- Jalapeños, chopped
Make the Cashew Sour Cream:
- Add all ingredients to blender and allow to soak for an hour (or as long as possible while you are making the other dishes).
- Blend on high-speed until smooth and creamy.
Prepare the Bean Filling:
- Slice corn from the cob and toss all ingredients (except coriander) into a large pot over medium heat.
- Allow to simmer for ten minutes or so.
- Remove from heat and stir coriander leaves through.
Make the Spicy Rice:
- Cook rice as per packet instructions, adding spices to the rice as it cooks.
- Warm taco shells slightly in a moderate oven (optional) and serve with a tray of salad (sliced lettuce, cucumber and cherry tomatoes) and bowls of bean chilli, spicy rice, sour cream and guacamole. Oh and napkins! These things can get messy.
- Chillax and enjoy a taco fiesta with your favorite amigos.