Who: Hyundai Hope On Wheels, Fit Fathers, Rise & Sweat, & Kids Being Fit
What: Fifteen years ago, Hyundai and its dealers across the U.S. began Hyundai Hope On Wheels. Since1998, they’ve raised more than $72 million in the fight against cancer. With your help, Hope On Wheels has become one of the leading supporters in the battle against childhood cancer. The Race for Every Child, a high-profile DC-area family fun run/walk to raise awareness about and funds for Children’s National Medical Center, will promote children’s health and the benefits of running and walking to both children and the community. Most importantly, through the Race for Every Child, individuals and teams will work together to raise much needed funds for Children’s National by running or walking, or supporting someone who is. This community-centered event will include:
- 5K family fun run/walk
- Kids’ Dash for those 10 years of age and under
- Family-friendly activities throughout the day
- Live entertainment
- Awards ceremony…and more!
Where: Freedom Plaza (14th Street and Pennsylvania Avenue NW, adjacent to Pershing Park) Pennsylvania Avenue joins the White House and the United States Capitol, and the National Mall. It is called “America’s Main Street”. The course will offer gorgeous views of our nation’s capital.
When: Saturday, October 5th, 2013
- 7:00 am Registration opens (day-of packet pick-up)
- 8:30 am 5K Run/Walk starts
- 9:30 am Kids’ Dash starts
- 10:30 am Awards ceremony begins
How: Sign up today for the Race for Every Child by joining the Hyundai Hope On Wheels team. Please select “join a team” and choose Hyundai Hope On Wheels under the “corporate” menu.
- Every team member will receive a Hyundai team shirt during packet pick up
- Each team member who raises:
- $100 will receive a chance to win an iPod Mini
- $250 will receive a chance to win a set of Bose QC15 Noise-Canceling Headphones
- $500 will receive a chance to win a set of 20” Goodyear Winter Tires
*Each contestant will automatically be entered into the contest drawing based on their final fundraising amount. The contestant will be entered in only the category that represents their final funds raised. Prizes will be delivered no more than two weeks from contest selection. Contestant must reside in MD, VA or DC. Contestant must be at least 18