1 12-ounce bag cauliflower florets
1/2 cup Bob’s Red Mill gluten free baking blend or AP four
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
2 tablespoons Bob’s Red Mill Egg Replacer + 6 tablespoons water
4 cups crushed corn flakes (for breading)
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 bottle Frank’s RedHot
1/4 avocado or 1 ounce prepared guacamole
1 16-ounce package silken tofu
Juice of 1 lemon
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 tablespoon Italian seasoning
1 packet Simply Organic onion dip seasoning packet or dill dip for best ranch flavor!
For ranch dressing: Blend all ingredients well and store at least 30 mins in the fridge before serving for flavors to combine.
Gather all ingredients and equipment.
Preheat oven to 425 F.
Set up breading station:
- 1 bowl with water and cauliflower florets
- 1 bowl with flour mixed with cumin and paprika
- 1 bowl with egg replacement whisked with water (add more water as needed to maintain liquid consistency if it begins to gel)
- 1 bowl with crushed cornflakes, pepper, and garlic powder
- Baking sheet lined with parchment paper or silicone baking mat
With one wet hand and one dry hand, begin the breading process.
- Right hand (wet) take cauliflower from water bowl and drop into flour.
- Left hand (dry) cover cauliflower with flour and then drop into egg replacer.
- Right hand (wet) cover cauliflower in egg replacer and drop into crushed corn flakes.
- Left hand (dry) cover cauliflower with crumb mixture and place on baking sheet.
Place on baking sheet individually, making sure they do not touch.
Bake for 10 minutes, flip over, and bake for another 10 minutes.
In the meantime, prepare the sauce by whisking together 1 ounce unflavored guacamole or ripe avocado with 1/2 cup Frank’s RedHot, or use blender. Pour into a bowl.
Toss cauliflower in sauce right before serving. If serving at a later time, broil on high while watching to prevent burning to re-crisp.
Serve with celery, carrots and veg-friendly ranch if desired!